Storing Your Documents Is as Important as Making Them
Correctly and safely storing important documents, such as Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Deeds and Land Registry documents is vitally important. After making or obtaining these documents, the last thing you want to happen is for them to go missing, be stolen, damaged or destroyed.
Why It Is Important
One of the many reasons that people die ‘intestate’ (where a valid Will cannot be found) is because their Will has been lost or accidentally destroyed. The people who have been chosen to benefit from the Will may not be able to do so as a consequence of this happening. The deceased persons’ property and possessions will be distributed following the Rules of Intestacy instead.
Similarly, if the most up to date Will cannot be found, an old out of date Will might be used, which again could potentially affect those who should benefit.
In some cases, there may be a need for privacy. There may be parts of your Will or other legal documents which you would prefer to keep private until they are needed.
With Lasting Powers of Attorney, it is vital that the documents can be found in an emergency as they come into effect when you can longer make decisions for yourself. Without speedy access, decisions may be made which you would not have wanted.
Lastly, Deeds and Land Registry documents are needed when selling a property. If they cannot be found it could cause a number of problems for you and your loved ones.
Keeping your documents safe is a crucial part of making sure your wishes are adhered to. It reduces possible issues in the future, for example, by avoiding claims against your estate.
Store Your Documents with Us
- Safe storage in our dedicated document storage facility, which protects against theft, fire, water damage or other contaminants
- Fully insured, up to £5 million, against loss and damage
- All paper documents are individually scanned into their location using barcode technology
- Quick and easy access to your documents, when they are needed
- Those that are allowed access know exactly where the documents are located
- Free document retrieval cards for you and your loved ones
- Documents are safe from falling into the wrong hands
- The content of each document is kept private until after death or when needed
- Only those authorised are able to access the documents if something were to happen to you, e.g. in the case of a Will, the Executors or in the case of a Lasting Power of Attorney, the Attorneys
£3.00 per month*
£2.50 + £0.50 VAT
£6.00 per month*
£5.00 + £1.00 VAT
+ £3.00 per month*
+ £2.50 + £0.50 VAT
Storage for all
Store your own, your partner’s, and your loved ones’ documents for as little as £9 per month!
*Prices are subject to change without notice and shown inclusive of VAT where applicable.
Already storing documents with us and want to retrieve them? Fill out our document retrieval form and a member of our Customer Care Team will be in touch to go through the process with you.*
*Checks will be carried out to make sure you are allowed to retrieve the document.