Storing Your Documents Is As Important As Making Them
Correctly, and safetly storing important documents, such as Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, deeds, Land Registry documents, is vitally important. After making or obtaining these documents, the last thing you want to happen is for them to go missing, be stolen, damaged or destroyed.
Why It Is Important
One of the many reasons that people die ‘intestate’ (where a valid Will cannot be found) is because their Will has been lost or incorrectly destroyed. The people who have been chosen to benefit from the Will may not be able to as a consequence of this happening. The deceased persons’ property and possessions will be distributed following the Rules of Intestacy instead.
Similarly, if the most up to date Will cannot be found, an old out of date Will might be used, which again could potentially affect those who should benefit.
In some cases there may be a need for privacy; within a Will, or other legal document, there may be sections which you would prefer to keep private until the document is needed.
With Lasting Powers of Attorney, it is vital that the documents can be found in an emergancy as they come into force when you can longer make decisions for yourself. Without speedy access, decision may be made which you would not have wanted.
Lastly, deeds and Land Registry documents are needed when selling a property. If they cannot be found it could cause a number of problems for you and your loved ones.
Keeping your documents safe is crucial
Store Your Documents With Us
- Storage for you, your family and friends (where appliable)
- Quick and easy access to the documents
- Only those nominated are able to access the documents, e.g. in the case of a Will, the Executors or in the case of a Lasting Power of Attorney, the Attorneys
- Documents are safe from falling into the wrong hands
- Those that are allowed access know exactly where the documents are located
- The content of the documents is kept private until after death or when needed
- Safe storage in our dedicated document storage facilty, which protects against theft, fire, water damage or other contaminants
- Fully insured, up to £5 million, against loss and damage
- Free document retrieval cards for you and your loved ones
Storage for all
Store yours, your familys’ and your friends’ documents for as little as £3 per month
that’s just £36 a year!*
*Prices are subject to change without notice and shown inclusive of VAT where applicable: correct as of July 2018
Already storing documents with us and want to retrieve them? Fill out our document retrieval form and one of our Customer Care Team will be in touch to go through the process with you.*
*Checks will be carried out to make sure you are allowed to retrieve the document.